Contract UX / UI Designer
Candi Controls · Oakland, CA · Feb 2017 - Present
Candi's cloud-based SaaS solution helps IoT-enabled buildings monitor and remotely control their smart devices.
- Document existing components and patterns into a style guide.
- Identify and design solutions for IoT management system.
Visual / UI / UX Designer
Freelance · Mar 2016 - Present
Strategy6 - UX Designer
Strategy6 is an Internet marketing and consulting company that specializes in small business, nonprofit, and ecommerce sites built on the WordPress content management system.
- Created sitemaps and low fidelity wireframes for a new law firm website.
Leade.rs - Visual Designer
New startup founded by Loïc Le Meur, Leade.rs is a platform for corporate event professionals, press, and brands to uncover leaders they can invite to speak, write about, share products with, or invest in.
- Designed presentation materials and logo concepts.
Pigeonly · Las Vegas, NV · Jun 2016 - Jul 2016
Pigeonly builds technology products that address and solve communication barriers between inmates and their support network of family and friends.
- Performed UX/UI audit, created wireframes, visual designs, and high-fidelity prototypes for Pigeonly’s photo sharing web app.
- Collaborated with CEO and created low-fidelity prototypes to illustrate key flows and interactions for a stealth project (currently unannounced and protected by NDA).
Sr. UI Designer, UI Designer
Telmate · San Francisco, CA · May 2013 - Nov 2015
Telmate is the fastest growing communications and technology leader for inmate communications, including video visitation, online education, mobile applications, and crime investigation tools.
- Played key role in creating and maintaining a consistent brand for Telmate’s mobile app, GettingOut (available on iTunes and Google Play), which has had over 300,000 downloads.
- Established a visual and creative direction with a style guide, including user interface patterns, typography, color palettes, copy guidelines, and code snippets.
- Produced assets such as wireframes, workflows, and InvisionApp prototypes to communicate concepts with an international engineering team and executives.
- Collaborated with user research to observe user interactions with Telmate products and analyze the findings to refine the user experience for low-literate and low-tech users.
- Provided visual design and user experience support for other Telmate products, including Telmate Command and Telmate Investigator.
- Produced visual design and user experience deliverables in a fast-paced agile development environment.
SolutionSet / Epsilon · Palo Alto, CA · Nov 2012 - May 2013
SolutionSet is a digital consultancy that leverages technology to create great brand experiences.
- Produced detailed user experience specs for remote engineering teams.
- Balanced operations and product development requirements with project needs and user goals.
- Identified and solved design problems.
- Created new functionality through wireframes and annotation.
- Clients: TXU Energy, an energy provider based in Dallas, TX
I have 10+ years experience creating web, mobile, and other digital solutions for startups, B2B, and enterprise clients.
I have designed for nonprofits, women-focused organizations, SaaS companies, and telecommunication companies.
Specialties: Web Design, User Interface Design, User Experience, Wireframing, Prototyping, Mobile Design, Visual Design, HTML5, CSS3
Looking for new opportunities to apply my skills in visual design and user experience.
Contact me with any questions, freelance, and job opportunities at email@example.com.